Friday, June 4, 2010

www.delicious.com

Thanks to Weinberger's book, Everything is Miscellaneous, my new favorite website is www.delicious.com. It's like having the best results of a Google search already found for you. I love that you can look for tags for anything and come up with a list of websites others have found helpful. It's kind of similar to Google in that you can search almost anything and find something relevant, but I love that someone else has already gone through and helped me out by deciding what websites are worth bookmarking and then labeled them with relevant terms. I've always seen the tags or label boxes, but I never realized how incredibly helpful they are for navigating the vast amount of information available on the Web. As an added bonus you can save all of your bookmarks and access them from any computer. Of course, you can also do this with iGoogle, but it's always nice to discover helpful websites. My first search: preschool storytimes. Number of bookmarks found: 629. That's still A LOT to weed through, but it's progress from the 376,000 results that Google had with the same search terms. I think I'll take a little break from reading and go explore some storytime bookmarks...no offense to the profs but I'd take storytime over computer storage any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment