Tuesday, June 22, 2010
pound, pound, pound...
That's the sound my head is making. If I could think of anything intelligent to say, I'd write it here. Unfortunately, my headache is limiting my ability to think rationally and coherently at the present moment. Too many hours of planning and doing programs. I kind of feel like a broken record explaining what the SRP is and all the events happening this summer. 300 kids so far and it's only day 3! That's really what library science means to me...teaching kids to love books and discover the wonderful things the library has to offer. I know that new technologies and information science issues are really important and relevant, but I was drawn to the field through my experiences as a child visiting the library weekly with my mom. If it wasn't for her guiding and helping me discover the place where learning and imagination collide I would never consider going to school for it. Now it's my turn to show others what the library has to offer and most of all to help kids love books for the comfort, joy, escape, adventure, and knowledge they offer. When I get frustrated or discouraged with balancing my life I remind myself that there's a purpose behind all the late hours and early mornings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment