Tuesday, June 1, 2010
warning: venting session below
Thankfully, the first assignment for LIS 2600 was relatively easy. I've had experience working with RefWorks and did lots of database and Google Scholar research in undergrad. Sadly, the easiest part of the assignment turned out to be the most annoying. I couldn't get the Google document to look like my original Word document. The correct APA indentation disappeared. When I tried to edit the Word document once it been changed into a Google doc the indent icons and Tab key refused to work. Why is it that Google with its massive empire that's clearly going to take over the world can't make the Tab key work in one of their programs. I'm sure it seems like a minor detail, but coming from my ungrad. classes where correct APA citation was the focus of many a class and the cause of numerous point deductions indenting the second line is a BIG DEAL! Anyway, I kind of gave up with trying to make it work...the document program clearly has a mind of its own. Completion not perfect right? I figure I have more important things to do then yell at a computer program. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to destress with some ice cream and then curl up with my Scholarship in the Digital Age book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Have you started Scholarship in the Digital Age? Reading the first chapter made it look exciting and interesting, but a few more chapters in I'm finding it a real snooze. If you're further along, does it get better?
ReplyDeleteI thought the middle of the book was rather redundant, but the last chapter about current trends for libraries was interesting.
ReplyDelete