I admit it. When my Discovering Computers textbook came in the mail I took one look at it and groaned. I love computers. Computers make it easier to communicate, research, etc., but reading a whole textbook on them isn't what I would call thrilling. I am very happy to say that so far the textbook has been remarkably easy to understand. I get a little laugh out of the how-to sections and the normal everyday operations the authors explain in detail. Those sections make me feel smarter than I am which was definitely a needed pick me up after the Kuhn book!
I can remember the first time I ever used a computer; I was three. It was a game called Mother Goose rhymes and all of the rhymes had gotten mixed up. Jack was missing his candlestick and Little Bo Peep had no sheep. Oh the memories... :) Anyway, growing up with computers I definitely have an added advantage to the generations ahead of me who have had to learn computers later on in life. I'm a firm believer in the idea that learning how to use a computer is like learning a new language. The younger you are the more you will understand. I taught my mom how to use the computer when I left for college six years ago. I wrote out the steps of how to get to the internet including how to turn the computer on and sign in on her account. She has gotten better, but I still find myself getting called with questions like how do I attach a file to an email, etc. I'm so thankful I don't have to learn a new "language"...spanish was hard enough in high school!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment